I love helping others accomplish difficult tasks. I find ways to improve existing processes and exploit
opportunities for automation. I want to use my skills as a software developer to
extend my track record in this area.
- Agile Workflow
School Clustering (2014).
- Finds demographically similar Washington schools to allow meaningful test score comparison. Python, Flask, PostgreSQL, Bootstrap.
Learning Journal (2014).
- Simple journal application. Python, Flask, PostgreSQL.
- Social image sharing application. Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Bootstrap.
Data Structures (2014).
- Implementations of classic data structures. Python.
Jazkarta Inc. (Contract)
- Built Selenium front-end tests for Django/MySQL powered MOOC application.
- Wrote unit tests for Django view functions.
Information Conversion Specialist
- Developed processes and tools which automated catalog production, increasing production rate
from 60 files per month to consistently over 400.
- Reverse-engineered replacement for catalog interchange program, streamlining work flow and
cutting per-file processing time from 30 minutes to an average of 30 seconds.
- Created and maintained user documentation for new processing tools.
- Trained California, Texas, and Ireland staff in use of new processing tools and procedures.
- Converted automotive aftermarket parts data into format compatible with electronic catalog
- Assisted coworkers with procedures, error resolution, and automating repetitive tasks.
- Assisted product development team with design and testing of new software.
Product Support Specialist - JCON
- Resolved hardware and software issues with UNIX based multi-user auto parts store systems.
- Supported point-of-sale, inventory, accounting, and catalog software, as well as relational
databases and network communications.
- Consistently maintained one of the highest first call resolution rates on my team.
- Received customer service award for work with large national account.
Product Support Specialist - Service Expert
- Resolved issues and questions concerning operation of Windows based automotive service
- Supported point-of-sale and catalog software.
- Worked with product development team to support alpha release of updated software package.
- Created detailed troubleshooting instructions for hardware and software issues.
Code Fellows - Seattle, WA
Python Development Accelerator - Certificate awarded July 2014
University of Texas at Austin - Austin, TX
Studied Aerospace Engineering and Economics